Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Trail of the Cedars with my uncles

Earlier when we were in Apgar, as I came out of the ranger station, all my uncles and aunts humorously told me they couldn't go hiking because each one had a different aliment.

The Going-to-the-Sun road was closed at Avalanche Creek. Along Avalanche Creek is the Trail of the Cedars, a level boardwalk that is less than a half mile long. I had to do some persuading to get everyone to walk on this trail. Diane (especially) and Cathy were nervous about bears and Larry and Curt didn't help matters any by occasionally making growling noises as we walked.

Then I would hear "Are we there yet?"

After crossing the bridge over Avalanche Creek I was able to persuade Diane, Cathy, and Curt to hike up a little bit on the Avalanche Creek trail to get a look down on Avalanche Creek as it went through the gorge. The full two mile hike to see the waterfalls at the end of Avalanche Lake was out of the question.

Then it was back to the car.

...


...

No comments: