Friday, June 27, 2008

Do you want to hike or not?

On Thursday Sue Ann talked me into going on a hike Friday with her and some guy from North Carolina she met and played tennis with. Initially I had turned her down as I had other things to do, but she called back saying this guy really wanted to go on a rigorous hike in the Park. Sue Ann didn't want to go with him alone so I relented.

Of the choices: Columbia Mountain, Apgar Lookout, or Mt. Brown, I wanted to do Mt. Brown as I hadn't climbed it since the early to mid 1990s. Mt. Brown is the steepest trail in the Park. This guy claimed to have hiked a number of the 14s in Colorado -- we'll see how good he is.

So I got up earlier than usual this morning and was shaving when Sue Ann called. She didn't want to go hiking. She had been out the evening before at the Blue Moon rodeo, and also earlier in the day had gotten stung twice by bees. She didn't think she was up to hiking.

Okay. We won't go hiking.

I went back to bed only to be woken a half hour later with another call from Sue Ann saying the hike was back on. This guy and his wife wanted to hike to Apgar Lookout with Sue Ann. We were to meet in an hour. Since Sue Ann now had a "chaperone" I bowed out. I had hiked to Apgar Lookout twice last year. Beside I had things to do today.

No comments: