Sunday, January 31, 2010

Got outside for some fun in Glacier

I finally got outside for some fun this Winter.   Thursday I cross country skied 11 miles on the Old Ranger Station trail in Glacier Park and Saturday I hiked to Snyder Lake (9 miles round trip and again in Glacier Park).  Yes, I said 'hiked'.  While I brought my snowshoes along I didn't need them as the trail was packed down to hard snow.  On some parts of the trail, stepping "off trail" meant sinking into snow up to my knees, and in one case almost to my waist.

Late Saturday night and Sunday it snowed. Officially at the airport we had 1.3 inches of snow.  But at my place I am sure we had closer to 3 inches.  Anyway, the new snow made it pretty and white again, as with no wind, the snow fell straight down and blanketed everything.

Here is the view of Lake McDonald when I hiked Saturday.

No comments: