Saturday, June 25, 2011

Deadwood Falls

After we visited St Mary and Virginia Falls Patti and I drove a short distance up the Sun Road to the Gunsight trail head at the Jackson Glacier Overlook location.

The red X marks where I took the photos and video.





The Gunsight trail is another trail that starts out going down.  We could have walked on a trail that starts near St Mary Falls but Patti mistakenly thought the distance was longer than if we hiked from the Gunsight trail head.  I found that the distances are about the same.  I've never hiked from St Mary Falls but I wonder if the trail would be more level than hiking in from the Gunsight trail head?


However if one hikes from St Mary Falls it would be easy to miss Deadwood Falls along Reynolds Creek as the St Mary Falls trail and Gunsight trail meet downstream near the bridge, which is below sight and sound of the falls.  Sound doesn't carry far in this area, even from loud waterfalls.






Reynolds Creek
Reynolds Creek from the bridge

Bridge over Reynolds Creek



I made a video of Deadwood Falls.  It is 1:48 long.

http://youtu.be/ZvbwRvrMvvQ

No comments: